Saturday, March 6, 2010

Juxtable

Hello there. I've decided that today is the day. The Jux photo blog will now unite and join forces with Juxtable and The Dirty Dog Brothers! For those of who don't know (I don't think that's really any of you, but just in case), I have a radio show on WOBC Oberlin College and Community Radio. The show is a smattering of lovely tunes from around the world and it airs every thursday from 5-7 pm. Anyone can listen to the show live by going to www.wobc.org and clicking the live stream button, but starting now I will also post each show on this blog! Who wouldn't want to jam out to some tasty worldly delights while perusing a bunch of pretty pictures.

so great: my first show can be downloaded here. This show was a pretty fun mix of nigerian highlife, ethiopian smooth jams, polonesian folk fairies, and brazilian cattle hearders. Unfortunately since this was my first show many of the songs cut out early and start late. woops. enjoy what you can though!

The second show can be downloaded here. This was the first show in my guest DJ series. Throughout the semester I will invite my friends onto the show to play their music. Many of my friends have a strangely enormous and incredible knowledge of the music of various regions. Such as Ellen my pal who came onto the show this week to play her amazing selection of Eastern European pop and rock of the 1960s, 70s, and 80s. It was a great show and I hope you all enjoy it!

next week tune in for my second guest DJ Noah, as he takes us on a journey through the lovely realms of Brazilian rhythms.

No comments:

Post a Comment