Thursday, October 15, 2009

Emulation Continued

I have many regrets about this project because it was so hard to do justice to the sheer awesomeness of Urusevski and Kalatozov's work. I had a number of other ideas about this one of which I will try to abreviate here.

Soy Cuba aside from being a totally gnarly display of fucking crazy virtuosity in photography is amazing because of it's astounding ability to bring this intense moment in Cuban history to life. This film was made at a time when Cubans were filled with a blinding hope for a future of unlimited possibilities. The filmakers became ensconsed in this unavoidable spirit and were able to use their expertise to bring it to life.

So going along with this idea of capturing a moment of hope and change in a society I thought it would also be fitting for this project to display some of my images from last year's election at oberlin.












No comments:

Post a Comment